Policies and Procedures
Proposal requirements depend on the agency providing the data. Links to proposal guidelines for each agency are available at Partner and Collaborating Agencies (census.gov). Please also review the NYRDC proposal development process handout for an overview of the process and timeframe.
Steps After a Project has been Approved
- Obtain Special Sworn Status.
- Background investigation typically takes 3-4 months.
- Foreign nationals and US citizens must have at least 3 years of U.S. residence within the last 5 years.
- Must live in the US more than 6 months of any 12 months
- Complete researcher agreements that describe terms and conditions under which the research must be conducted.
- Provide any needed external data files to the RDC Administrator.
- Meet any Human Subjects review board criteria for their home institution.
- Administrators are typically available to provide computing and research support during normal business hours.
- Researchers may access the laboratories 24/7 (Exceptions apply).
- Contact the RDC Administrators for information on access to the buildings that house each RDC.
NYRDC Lab Locations
Baruch College – CUNY
135 E 22nd St
New York, NY 10010
Cornell Center for Social Sciences
391 Pine Tree Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
Yale Research Data Center
37 Hillhouse Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511