For help with understanding security requirements for your project data, contact CCSS Secure Data Services
When you need help understanding security requirements for your project data please contact CCSS Secure Data Services. We will work with you to identify the best option for securing your research data when access needs to be restricted due to personal identifiers or data provider restrictions.
- In an ongoing collaborative effort with the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) of the German Federal Employment Agency, researchers approved by IAB to securely access detailed, confidential administrative microdata on labor markets and IAB surveys can access many datasets remotely on-site at the CCSS satellite campus on Pine Tree Road (formerly CISER); no affiliation with Cornell is required. For more information regarding access to IAB data, please contact CCSS Secure Data Services.
- With approval from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Cornell researchers can access various Nielsen datasets including PromoData, Retail Scanner, Ad Intel and Consumer Panel data sets through the Cornell Restricted Access Data Center. Projects must be reviewed by the Cornell Office for Sponsored Programs. Contact CCSS Secure Data Services for more information.
Some of the informational points that might help with this process:
- Are your research data Non-Confidential or Non-Restricted?
- Do your data have identifiable characteristics (such as names or addresses)?
- Did you need to agree to any terms or conditions to access or obtain the data?
- Would you consider these data available for public access?
CCSS Secure Data Services will make recommendations for a data processing environment that is best suited for your data. We are here to help!
Please take a moment to checkout CCSS Secure Data Environments (below).